This is the Salt-Away Starter Kit, as it includes the mixer as well. In the future, simply purchase an economical Salt-Away Refill jug. Salt-Away is the best way to rinse salt off of your boat or trailer, and to flush your engine after use in salt water. Safe to use on any surface and biodegradable. The handy mixing kit mixes a little Salt Away with water from the hose, making it super easy to use! Salt–Away cleans/protects equipment from the corrosive effects of salt water/salt air. It leaves a protective film that guards against future corrosion.
- Packaged as one 32 Fluid Ounce (946 mL) bottle of Salt-Away Concentrate with Salt-Away’s unique Mixing Unit included.
- Recommended as the ‘Starter Kit’ for new customers of Salt-Away.
- The Mixing Unit connects to a garden hose for dispensing.
- The Kit contains everything needed to get started using Salt-Away.
- No need to purchase Mixing Unit again. Refills of 32 fl oz (946 mL) or 128 fl oz (3.79L) may be purchased.
Salt Away Salt Water Rinse Uses:
- 30-second engine flushes
- Over-heating engine correction
- Boat, trailer, brake wash
- Sail boat salt removal; sails, sail covers, line, hardware
- Diving & fishing gear
- Seaside home maintenance; A/Cs, patio furniture
- Windows, casings, awnings
- Metal hinges, hardware, gates, fencing
Salt Removal for Road and Other Industrial Equipment:
- Autos, Trucks, RVs
- Salt Trucks, Snow Plows
- Lawns, Foliage, Landscaping
- Exhaust Systems, Brakes
- Janitorial, Carpet Floors
- Vehicle Wash Facilities
Salt-Away is a water-based, non-hazardous, biodegradable solution and contains properties that dissolve, release and remove salt crystals from any surface. Water alone does not remove all the salt from a surface.
Use of Salt-Away will not correct past damage but will work to protect against salt corrosion and reduces costly repairs caused by salt. This kit will break apart and remove salt accumulation with repeated use.
Salt-Away can safely be used on all metals, fiberglass, paint, rubber, plastic, chrome, glass, concrete, brick or any surface exposed to salt. Salt-Away, mixed with water, washes away the salt then leaves a protective film on surfaces until surfaces are again exposed to water or salt. Special high-performing corrosion inhibitors in the product help protect metals from corroding if not rinsed off. Salt-Away will not strip wax or cause streaks or spots. It is easy to apply by using pressure or power washers, Salt-Away’s special Mixing Unit, the ready-to-use spray bottles for smaller jobs, and by immersing items into a mixture of Salt-Away and water.
Salt-Away is currently being used in the coatings industry to remove salt prior to applying paints and other coatings. Salt-Away meets ISO 8502-6:2006 requirements for preparation of steel substrates before application of paints and related products.
Salt-Away can break apart salt accumulation that inhibits movement in tight areas such as turbine hubs on wind turbines.
Salt-Away reduces labor, parts and repair costs and down-time in every situation where salt causes maintenance and operational problems. Salt-Away’s water-based non-hazardous formula is safe to use on virtually all water-safe surfaces. It is a maintenance product meant to be integrated into scheduled maintenance programs for salt removal. Salt-Away is not a coating.
Salt-Away is easy to apply with pressure washers, water hose with Salt-Away Mixing Unit, spray bottles and immersion tanks. The highly concentrated formula is meant to be diluted and is sold in case packs and drums.
Some of the most expensive equipment in the world is used nowhere but in industrial businesses. Daily, many of these business are faced with salt corrosion – whether it is a ship, barge, or off-shore drilling equipment, or a printed circuit board, a communications antenna, or a power transformer. Salt-Away, used in its recommended dilution ratio, costs just pennies per gallon of solution.
Maintenance practices are executed on every work shift, but when it comes to corrosion control, most companies have very little success using plain water. Many other chemicals cost too much to use for daily maintenance, so the equipment life is very short. A powerful pressure washer can administer the application of Salt-Away, or spray bottle, depending on the equipment corroding from exposure to salt.
- Commercial Diving Equipment
- Remote Operation Vehicles (ROVs)
- Off-Shore Drilling Equipment
- Oil and Gas Drilling Equipment Service Businesses
- Deep Ocean Engineering Operations
- Ocean Weather Instruments
- Salvage Equipment
- Ferry Boat Operations
- Tug Boats and Related Equipment
- Coastal Power Transformer Stations
- All Coastal Services for Seafaring Businesses
- Container Line Cargo
- All Seafaring Ship Instruments, Radar, and Communication Towers and Antennas
Partial List of Current Users:
- Dry Storage Boat Service Operators
- Bonneville Salt Flats Racers
- Dry Bulk Ship Terminals
- Movie Industry Film Crews
- Car/Truck Washes
- 1000s of Boaters and Divers
- US Coast Guard Stations
- Norfolk Naval Base
- San Diego Naval Base
- Lockheed Martin
- State Depts. of Transportation
- Lifts and Marine Riggers