Online Shopping Policies – Shipping
Thank you for visiting and shopping at False Creek Fuels. The following are the terms and conditions that constitute our Shipping Policy.
Domestic Shipping Policy
Shipment processing time
All orders are processed within 1-3 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders; or if an order is on its way to us from our supplier, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone.
Shipping rates & delivery estimates
Shipping charges for your order will be calculated and displayed at checkout. Please note that delivery times displayed are estimates provided by the shipping companies. In some cases your order will arrive early and in some cases, delays beyond our control may cause your order to arrive late.
Canadian Sales Taxes (GST/HST & PST)
- We will bill you the appropriate GST or HST rate based on the Province you take delivery of the goods.
- We will bill you PST if you are located in BC or Saskatchewan. If your respective province has a PST that is not in BC or Saskatchewan, you may be legally obligated to self-assess and remit PST. We recommend that you verify this prior to ordering out-of-province goods.
International Shipping Policy
False Creek Fuels ships internationally, including the USA, and the rest of the globe!
Duties & Taxes – Non Canadian Addresses
Duties and taxes will be the responsibility of the purchaser. Some items are subject to your local jurisdiction’s sales taxes and duties or special levies. When we ship your item we will provide the shipping company with all of the appropriate customs information. The shipping company may contact you for instructions on customs brokerage and/or for payment of duties and taxes.
International Delivery Estimates
Our shipping partners provide delivery estimates and this information is provided on checkout. Please be aware that sometimes clearing customs can cause additional delays beyond the control of our shipping partners. All shipments will have tracking information available.
General Shipping Information
We package everything with extreme care. Even though we take extreme care, items can get damaged in transit. That is why we insure all shipments. If your shipment is damaged, please inform us straight away (and provide a picture if possible). We will immediately ship you a replacement (or provide a refund if a replacement is not available). We will then make a claim with the shipping partner.
Tracking Information says ‘Delivered’, but I did not receive my item
If this happens we recommend that you immediately:
- Check with all people in your household if they received the package.
- Check your community mailbox for a package in the parcel box.
- Contact us, so we can provide further guidance.
In the case of theft, unfortunately our shipping partners nor we, are not responsible for your package once it has been delivered to your specified address. If ‘porch pirates’ are a problem, we would recommend requesting ‘signature required’ delivery in the additional information section on checkout. Please note that we will require a proof of delivery for higher value purchases.
How much is shipping & why isn’t shipping FREE?
In order to offer the most fair shipping rates, we utilize a shipping calculator. This will take the dimensions and weight of your item(s) and will determine the exact cost to ship to you from our Vancouver, BC location. This ensures the absolute fairest shipping rates available utilizing our discounted rates!
- Free Shipping is available on most orders over $75 within Canada and the USA. If free shipping is available for your order, it will be displayed at checkout (before you make your purchase). No-charge shipping is typically available on items over a certain dollar value, and below a certain weight and/or volumetric dimension.
- If you are in the Vancouver area, you can select Curbside Pickup – this service is absolutely FREE!
PO Boxes/Bill to/Ship to
- In order to combat fraud, we cannot deliver to freight forwarders nor can we deliver to a PO Box.
- In addition, we cannot deliver to an address that is not your billing address.