Foul-release coating designed specifically for transducers that is biocide-free and does not poison marine growth. Once cured, Foulfree forms a super-slippery surface over the transducer, preventing marine growth from attaching to its surface. Offering a long service life – it lasts a minimum of 12 months, with an even longer life span in cooler climates.
- TRANSDUCER SAFE – Certified by AIRMAR* and developed specifically for transducers to ensure sustained performance.
- PROPSPEED’S FOUL-RELEASE – Developed from the original foul-release coating’s technology, with the same promise of proven performance experienced by captains and boat owners worldwide.
- EASY TO USE – The application of Foulfree can be completed in 3 easy steps: 1. Clean – 2. Apply – 3. Let it dry
- BIOCIDE FREE – Foul-release, not antifoul. Foul-release coatings use physical means to reduce fouling, creating a surface that’s tough for marine organisms to adhere to.
- SEE THE REAL PICTURE – A foul-free transducer equals more clarity, detail and visibility below the waterline.
- ABRASIVE PAD – The abrasive pad is used to prepare the transducer face and housing for the Foulfree transducer coating.
- XDCLEAN WIPE – XDclean is a transducer safe, pre-treatment cleaner. Having a clean transducer is critical to maximise the performance of Foulfree. The XDclean solution comes pre-packaged with a wipe to make cleaning easy.
- APPLICATION BRUSH – A small, high quality brush is included to provide the best result during the application of the Foulfree coating.
- CLEAR COAT – This kit contains 15ml of Foulfree Clear Coat, a non-toxic, silicone topcoat which forms a super slick outer layer that marine growth cannot adhere to, keeping your transducer performing at its peak.
- One 15ml kit will coat 1ft2 (0.1 m²)
HOW TO APPLY Propspeed Foulfree FF15K
For better adhesion of Foulfree Transducer Coating on plastic fairing (polyethylene, polypropylene, nylon, etc.), you may need to use a piece of 40 grit sandpaper—NOT included. Do NOT sand the transducer housing or face as it will damage the transducer, voiding the manufacturer’s warranty.
TOOLS YOU NEED
The Foulfree kit comes with tools included in the box, however you will need some additional materials for the application process:
- Disposable gloves
- Eye protection
- Clean, dry rag
- Fairing blocks only – 40 grit sandpaper
Propspeed Foulfree FF15K – SURFACE PREPARATION
- Remove fouling and/or any previous coatings from the transducer housing and face with the abrasive pad provided.
- In case of heavy fouling, scrape transducer face with a metal putty knife without gouging the surface. Drag the putty knife across the transducer face at a perpendicular angle and follow with a wet sanding block. Never use a power sander or pressure washer on the face of the transducer.
- Take care not to scratch or damage the transducer face.
- Fairing blocks ONLY – To improve adhesion between plastic fairing blocks and the Foulfree coating, we recommend sanding the fairing block with 40 grit sandpaper – sold separately.
- First, abrade the fairing block with 40 grit sandpaper to achieve a roughened surface, and then remove any residue from sanding.
TRANSDUCER FACE & HOUSING
- Firstly, lightly scuff/abrade plastic housing and face of the transducer. Do not scour or deeply scratch the face of the transducer.
- After abrading the transducer, tape off any areas you do not wish to coat with the Foulfree Transducer Coating.
- Clean the surface to be coated with our specialized cleaning wipe. XDclean is transducer safe and ensures a contaminant free surface for the Foulfree coating.
- Immediately remove any residue with a clean, dry rag. Ensure the surface is 100% clean and dry before proceeding.
Propspeed Foulfree FF15K – Application
- We have included a small, high quality brush to provide the best result.
- Pierce the seal of the tube using the lid. Squeeze a small amount of the Foulfree coating directly on to the brush.
- Apply a thin layer of the coating on to the transducer. The idea thickness is between 50 and 100 microns. Make sure there are no heavy runs or sags. You will have 5 to 10 minutes to touch these up.
- Use the provided brush to apply Foulfree
- Make sure there are no heavy runs or sags
- Foulfree requires a minimum of 8 hours to dry before launching. In colder conditions, 40–60°F / 5-13°C, wait at least 24 hours before launching.
- Foulfree can sit out of water for extended periods of time in warm or cold climates with no adverse effects.