With an ultra-slick topcoat, Propspeed is specially formulated to prevent marine growth from bonding to metal surfaces below the waterline. It is proven to increase boat efficiency, reduce drag and save fuel and maintenance costs. It features an exceptionally strong chemical and mechanical bond between the metal substrate, the Etching Primer and the Clear Coat– ensuring that the Propspeed coating actually sticks to your running gear and performs season after season. Propspeed also reduces the risk of corrosion by electrically isolating the metal, as well as limiting the exchanges between the ions and the gases contained in the water and the metal. In short, if a reaction can’t occur, there will be no corrosion!
The Propspeed system is best used on propellers, shafts, struts, rudders, trim tabs, keel coolers, bow and stern thrusters, pod drives, sail drives and other underwater metal.
- ALL-IN-ONE PROTECTION
- Defence against both marine growth and corrosion for all underwater metal assets.
- SUPERIOR ADHESION TO METAL
- Strong long-lasting adhesion to metals is what makes Propspeed unparalleled to other products on the market.
- Long-lasting solution that, when applied and maintained correctly, protects underwater metal assets for 12-24 months.
- BIOCIDE FREE
- Foul-release, not antifoul. Foul-release coatings use physical means to reduce fouling, creating a surface that’s tough for marine organisms to adhere to.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE SYSTEM
- Specialized coating technology: the original and still the best foul-release system trusted globally for over 21 years.
In the kit:
- Small Kit: 1 wipe
- Medium Kit: 2 wipes
- Large Kit: 4 Wipes
Propprep is critical in the chemical preparation of the metal surface to be coated. The Propprep solution comes pre-packaged to make your job easier.
- Small Kit: 1 Wipe
- Medium Kit: 1 Wipe
- Large Kit: 2 Wipes
3. a&b. ETCHING PRIMER BASE & HARDENER
This kit contains Etching Primer Base and Etching Primer Hardener. The Etching Primer is the origin of the radiant Propspeed Gold colour. Combined they are one of the best underwater Etching Primers on the market. Known best for its tenacious adhesion and corrosion resistance.
- Small Kit: 96mL Etching Primer Base & 24mL Etching Primer Hardener
- Medium Kit: 240ml Etching Primer Base and 60ml Etching Primer Hardener
- Large Kit: 2x 240mL Etching Primer Base and 2x 60mL Etching Primer Hardener
- Small Kit: 80mL Clear Coat
- Medium Kit: 200ml Clear Coat
- Large Kit: 320mL Clear Coat
- Small Kit:
- 1x Propeller: 33-60cm, or 12-24″ in size.
- Surface: The Propspeed Small Kit will coat a surface of approximately 0.7m2 / 7.5ft2.
- Medium Kit:
- 1x Propeller: 66-96.5cm, or 26-38″ in size.
- 2x Propellers: 36-76cm, or 13-30″, in size.
- Surface: The Propspeed Medium Kit will coat a surface of 1.7m2 / 18.3ft2.
- Large Kit
- 1x Propeller: 119-142cm, or 47-56″ in size.
- 2x Propellers: 79-117cm, or 31-46″, in size.
- Surface: The Propspeed Large Kit will coat a surface of 3.4m2 / 36.6ft2.
How to apply PROPSPEED
IMPORTANT: We recommend that Propspeed be installed by a professional. If you are a DIYer, please ensure that you follow all directions as supplied. Failure to do so may result in unsatisfactory performance with an otherwise EXCELLENT product!