Maddox Conductive Grease is used for Anode Stud connections, Shaft Grounding Strap connections and maintenance, Bonding connections, Battery connections, Electrical terminals and Cooling system anode connections. Also propeller or running gear installation where conductivity is paramount.
- Corrosion resistant, high temperature (up to 200°C )
- Electrically conductive grease maintains excellent electrical connections in harsh environments
- Ideal for all anode, electrical & bonding connections
- Keeps metal free from rust and corrosion
- Identical to conductive grease supplied with Shaft Grounding Strap
Maddox Conductive Grease – Description
Marine Protection Systems Conductive Grease is is a corrosion resistant, high temperature (up to 200°C) and electrically conductive grease that is ideal for achieving and maintaining excellent electrical connections in harsh environments.
An excellent low cost mechanical and thermal conductor for irregular or pitted surfaces and loose or vibrating parts, MPS Conductive Grease is designed to prevent closed switches from corrosion, prevent the formation of oxides, sulphides, and other corrosion deposits on metallic surfaces, improve the connection between worn contacts and non-moving mating surfaces, and reduce arcing hot spots.
MPS’s CG relies on a proprietary carbon filler rather than traditional metallic particles for electrical conductivity. It is typically used as an electrical ground and is particularly useful when trying to establish excellent connectivity of low voltage systems (i.e. cathodic protection systems), drain static electricity away from moving objects; from low micro-power electronics through to high voltage switchgear.
Conductive Grease is non-hardening and non-melting with a high resistance to water washout. It offers a broad service temperature range with continuing lubrication, and low bleed and evaporation. It is ideal for ground connections, rotating connections, rotary switches, variable capacitors, roller inductors, roller bearings, slip rings, slide connectors, and potentiometers.
- Using a zero-residue solvent such as Isopropyl Alcohol, clean and dry all surfaces to be lubricated with a lint-free cloth or brush.
- Apply a thin, even layer of grease using a spatula or other appropriate applicator.
- Clean up any excess grease or spillage with inert, absorbent material.