RACOR R24S Fuel Filter Spin-on Series Replacement Elements are compatible with Racor’s line of Spin-on Series fuel filter / water separator assemblies. The R24 series are compatible with the 220 series. The elements exhibit exceptional removal efficiency of both bulk and emulsified water, low restriction of fuel flow, and high dirt-holding capacity. Their unique design makes them capable of performing in modern diesel and gasoline engine applications, where high-pressure conditions can cause tiny particles of dirt and water to score and erode precision components, leading to engine damage and increased downtime.
The filter body is protected with a durable electrostatically-applied powder coating for superior corrosion resistance. The spin-on filter design is simple to service and features a reusable clear engineering plastic or metal contaminant collection bowl with a self-venting drain for draining out collected contaminants and water.
All Spin-on Series replacement cartridge filter elements utilize Racor’s high-efficiency Aquabloc® engineered media. Aquabloc® is a blend of high-grade cellulose compounded with resins and a special chemical treatment. It incorporates pleat-spacing corrugations and a graduated pore structure to increase dirt-holding capacity and extend filter life. The media is waterproof and rustproof, capturing contaminants while the specially treated surface separates and coalesces water from the fuel, which causes the water to gather into large droplets that then fall into the fuel filter’s collection bowl.
Aquabloc® elements repel water and remove solid contaminants from fuel at 98% efficiency of their micron rating. To meet the unique requirements of customers’ engines, three different micron ratings are available for purchase, including:
- 30 micron (98%@30 micron) – Ideally suited as a pre-filter to protect downstream filters from excessive contamination. Extends the life of on-engine filters.
- 10 micron (98%@10 micron) – Captures more contaminants than 30 micron elements, and is more effective at stopping water. Extends the life of the entire fuel system.
- 2 micron (98%@4 microns) – Provides maximum water removal and filtration and is capable of protecting all modern injection systems, while greatly extending the life of difficult-to-service on-engine filters.
How it works:
Racor Spin-on Series filters use Aquabloc® media to reliably remove dirt and water from diesel and gasoline. Aquabloc® media is pleated, corrugated, and arranged for high water rejection and long service life. Fuel entering the filter head is diverted downward past the vertical media pleats, allowing larger water droplets and contamination particles to fall directly to the collection bowl. Smaller water droplets converge and coalesce on the specially treated media surface until they are large enough to also drop to the collection bowl. Small contamination particles are stopped at the surface of the Aquabloc® media, while even smaller particles are held deeper in its layers.
Notes on use:
Fuel filter element replacement part numbers are specifically designed for their particular series assembly and fuel type. Although different series replacement elements may look externally similar, they may have different internal structures. Do not attempt to use one series replacement element on another series type.
Clear bowls are a fuel system inspection item: Inspect for damage, deformation, and discoloration often, and replace as necessary.
To ensure selection of the proper Spin-on Series replacement element, follow the steps below:
- Find the Racor Series that matches your filter. Refer to Brochure RSL7529 on the Product Support Tab to help identify your series.
- Confirm the connection type based on the diameter and thread type of the bottom opening.
- Select the overall element height that matches the filter element being replaced.
- Choose the outside diameter size that matches the filter element being replaced.
- Select the element type (micron rating) that matches the filter element being replaced.
- Confirm the thread type (top thread connection).
- Attributes can be selected from the above in any order.
- Power Generation
- Oil and Gas
- On- or Off-highway
- Diesel and Biodiesel Engines
- Gasoline Engines
- Offers exceptional removal of water that enters the system through condensation in the fuel tank. Any water present in the fuel stream will support bacterial growth, which can cause clogged filters and result in the formation of corrosive acids. Susceptible components then rust and corrode, leading to erosion and wear of critical fuel system components.
- Removes hard particles present in air that are introduced during fueling, such as sand and silica.
- Prevents costly injector damage and increases operational life of downstream filters.
- Saves time and money by eliminating unplanned maintenance and unscheduled downtime from system component failure.
- High-efficiency Aquabloc® media helps OEMs’ diesel engines adhere to rigid government emission standards
- Various sizes, flow rates, and micron ratings (98% efficiency at 4, 10 or 30 micron) available to meet the unique requirements of customers’ filter systems.
- Printing on cans is color-coded for easy identification and application – red lettering for 30 micron primary filtration, blue lettering for 10 micron primary or secondary, and brown lettering for 2 micron secondary/final filtration
- Built in an ISO TS 16949 quality system environment to ISO 14001 Environmental requirements.
- Corrosion-resistant coatings and construction
- Elements exhibit high dirt-holding capacity and long service life
- Reusable, clear engineered plastic or metal collection bowl with self-venting drain