Sikaflex 291i is a 1-component, marine grade polyurethane elastomeric adhesive and sealant. It is a moisture cured, non-sag system designed with a long open time for jobs that require more time. Always refer to Current Product Data Sheet and MSDS for detailed performance specifications prior to use.
WHERE TO USE
General all-purpose, high strength marine sealant, which may be used for light duty bonding with long open time capability for humid climates or jobs requiring more time that remain permanently elastic.
- Bonds extremely well to the materials commonly used in marine construction like wood, metal, metal primers, paint coatings, ceramic materials and plastics
- For above and below water application
- Resistant to fresh water, seawater, limewater, sewage effluent, diluted acids and caustic solutions
- Elastic, Low Odour and Resistant to Ageing and Weathering
- Can be sanded and/or overpainted
AREAS OF APPLICATION
Sikaflex 291i is a multi-purpose adhesive/sealant used in marine on a wide variety of vessels. It is suitable for making elastic, vibration-resistant joint seals and for use in a variety of interior and exterior sealing applications. Sikaflex 291i bonds extremely well to the materials commonly used in marine construction such as wood, metal, metal primer, paint coatings (2-C systems), ceramic materials, and plastics (GRP, etc.). Sikaflex®-291i must not be used to seal plastics that are prone to stress-cracking (e.g. PMMA, PC, etc.). This product is suitable for professional experienced users only. Tests with original substrates and conditions must be performed to ensure adhesion and material compatibility.