***SPECIAL ORDER ITEM – COMMERCIAL MARINE LUBRICANTS***
Shell Alexia Oil 50 is a premium grade cylinder lubricant for use in all types of low speed crosshead diesel engines burning residual fuels with sulphur contents of up to 3.5% weight. It is ideally suited for the new generation of highly rated, fuel efficient, slow-speed marine diesel engines operating with higher pressures, higher temperatures and longer strokes. It is a blend of highly refined, high viscosity index base oils, and unique additives technology developed by Shell Research.
- Low-speed marine diesel engines burning heavy fuel with a relatively high sulphur content of between 1.0 to 3.5% weight.
- Cylinder lubrication of slow speed marine diesel engines.
- Unique additive technology Imparts outstanding acid neutralizing properties to counter corrosive wear resulting from the use of high sulphur fuels.
- Minimum Deposit Formation On cylinder ports, pistons, piston rings, ring grooves and under piston spaces.
- Low cylinder and piston ring wear Cylinder wear rates below 0.05 mm per 1000 hours are commonly experienced.
- Excellent engine cleanliness Extended interval between maintenance schedules – Periods between piston overhauls of up to two years are not unusual.
- Storage Stability Completely stable in storage under all the widely varying conditions encountered aboard ship.
- Site glass fluid compatibility Compatible with all normal lubricator sight glass fluids.